Are you a fan of Nutella, the ooey-gooey hazelnut spread? We certainly are! In this simple recipe it adds sweetness and a touch of chocolate to fresh pears and toasted walnuts.
Breakfast will never be the same again!
Author: Beth Williams
Photographer: Meg Raines
Yield: 4 toasts
4 slices of bread, toasted
1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 pear (like d'Anjou or Bartlett), sliced wafer-thin using a mandolin*
1 handful walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1. Spread 2 tablespoons of Nutella on each slice of toasted bread.
2. Layer the slices of pear on top of the Nutella. Make sure you evenly distribute the pear between the 4 toasts.
3. Sprinkle the walnuts on top.
4. All done. Serve immediately.
* No mandolin? No problem! Just use a sharp knife to slice the pear as thinly as possible.